6/2/10

Wedding Flowers

This past Saturday on of my friends got married. I was very flattered when she asked if I would do her wedding flowers. I was very excited and very nervous, this would be my first time doing wedding flowers as the main designer. I had helped with a couple of other weddings, but I was just a helper. Because I was so stressed out about doing the flowers by myself, my mother in law came out to help. She's such a sweetheart! We had so much fun together, and she taught me everything from hemming pants to making a bouquet. Here are a couple of pictures from the wedding. Sorry for the ugly background.

And my personal favorite, the bridal bouquet

What do you guys think? I had a lot of fun, but it was TONS of work!

Also, on a side note, our house was approved! We're set to close June 24th. It doesn't look like much from this picture (It looks a lot better with green grass). I want to paint the outside, but I'm not sure what colors. Any suggestions? Do you think we should paint the brick? I'm kind of leaning towards a yes, but it's a big commitment. there's no going back once you've painted brick.

3 comments:

kami said...

good job sheryl! the flowers look awesome.

and i love the house! i think you should paint the brick white. i love white brick.

Rebecca Adams said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog! Great job on the flowers! That would be fun to put together flower arrangements for weddings. I love the house! :)

rickynkim said...

You sure lucked out with JoAnna being your mother in law, she is amazing! The flowers look incredible! Congrats on the house! Next time I come out to visit my parents I will have to come see it! :)