4/3/10

Once again..

It's been a long time since I've updated the blog. I think I have come to the root of the problem.

1. I work on the computer all day, and after work I don't want to be on the computer anymore
2. I like reading about other peoples lives a lot better than recounting mine.. I am a self admit blog stalker. I've gone to a couple of meetings to help with this addiction. More on that later..
3. I don't have any children to brag (until everybody's nauseous) about. 

And.. well that's it. I really only have 3 good reasons. My other not good reasons include, reading Pride and Prejudice for the 12 time (you think I would get sick of it by now, I fooled you), decorating my house that I don't have, cooking for an army when it's just my husband and me (I come from a family of 8, habits are hard to break), my want of having all of my pictures photoshopped before their shared and needing 9 hours of sleep every night.

So here's what's been going on.

Ben and I celebrated our first anniversary on March 6th. He told me that he would plan it, then kept telling me that he had nothing. Up until the day before I thought that we might end up going to Carls Jr and hitting up redbox- a not uncommon Friday night for us. Instead he surprised me with a weekend getaway in Denver. It was so much fun! We stayed at a really nice hotel on the nineth floor. We hit up the aquarium, with all the scary sharks and huge fish (unfortunately I left my camera at the hotel).

The view from the top of our hotel

The night life from our balcony

All and all I must say that Ben has set the bar. First our honeymoon to Mexico, and then the weekend getaway. What will he do next?? Man I love that guy!

The day after we got back from our weekend getaway I went to Washington to help our my sister Kim with her new baby, Aliyah Kimberly Smith, and her 4 other children. 
Ashleigh Just turned 6

Kallista is 1.5 and upside down
Kael is 7
Aliyah is 2 weeks old in this picture, isn't she so sweet?
What better thing to do in Washington than play in the forest?

For some reason I don't have any pictures of Tristan, and I don't know why. I'll have to be better about taking pictures.

No comments: