11/17/09

I've missed you..


It has been way too long since I have updated our blog. While I was being lazy the Downer's received a new addition to our family. Staeli Brielle was born on October 11th. (Has it really been that long!?) to my sister Kristin and her husband Vance. 


 She already has such a cute personality. She hates getting a bath, until they wash her hair. She loves getting her hair washed. As soon as they start scrubbing her head she stops crying. She is an adorable addition to the family.

Our next addition will be from my sister Kim, she's due at the end of February. The doctors are about 89% sure she's having a baby girl. Hip hip hooray! I love my nieces and nephews! I'm sure it's almost equivalent to having a grandchild.. one day I'll know for sure.

Some other exciting news with the Allred's, is that we MIGHT be getting our first house! As of last week Ben and I weren't even thinking about a home on the contrary, we thought that we were going to be moving out the Springs next year. But when Ben called me on Friday, saying 'Sheryl I have a surprise for you, get ready to leave when I get home' that all changed.

So when Ben got home we hoped into the car and he took me to this house. Ben and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it! It is as ugly as can be, but that's part of the fun in it. We're excited about making it our own. We LOVE it's location. We've looked in this neighborhood before and just loved it! And even better, it backs up into a park, it has a wonderful view of the valley below, and you can even see the Air Force Academy's Chapel. It's an awesome house. Ben and I are excited, but nervous about making the next steps. Getting a house, especially your first house is a scary move. I'll keep you posted.


 
 This is the front of the house
 

And this is half of the view
 

No comments: